Since joining Safelite® Group, Inc., in 1988, Tom Feeney has held several positions within the organization including senior vice president of retail operations and group senior vice president. In October 1991, Feeney was promoted to senior vice president, client sales and support and again in 2003 as executive vice president and chief client officer with responsibility for Safelite® Solutions. Feeney became president and CEO of Safelite Group on July 1, 2008 and immediately introduced a new vision for Safelite supported by two core principles: “People First, Customer Delight,” which have since evolved to “People Powered, Customer Driven.” As a result, the company has doubled with plans to continue growth through a new “Nationally Powered, Locally Driven” approach.
In addition to leading Safelite Group, Feeney is a director for the Safelite Group Board of Directors and is a member of parent company Belron’s Global Leadership Team.
Feeney is a recipient of the following awards:
• 2011 1to1 Media’s Customer Champion Award
• 2011 International Service Excellence CEO of the Year Award
• 2012 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award-South Central Ohio and Kentucky
• 2012 Smart Business “Smart 50” Leaders Award
• 2012 Ohio Cancer Research Star Award
• 2013 Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio’s Hall of Fame award inaugural recipient
• 2013 Columbus CEO Customer Service “Above & Beyond” Award
• 2014 Business First of Columbus “C-Suite” Award
• 2014 Smart Business “Smart 50” Leaders Award
• 2014 Medical Mutual of Ohio Kent Clapp CEO Leadership Award
• 2015 American Red Cross Humanitarian of the Year Award
• 2015 Smart Business “Smart 50” Leaders Award
Before joining Safelite, he was the vice president of franchise operations for Tenneco Automotive Retail. He also served in key staff, sales and operations positions with Hertz Corporation and American International Rent-a-Car.
Feeney has been the keynote speaker at variety of service-related conferences, including the Customer Experience Exchange, Customer Experience Professionals’ Association Annual Conference, International Customer Service Association Annual Conference, Net Promoter Forum, North American Conference on Customer Management, Total Customer Experience Leaders’ Summit, among others.
Feeney currently serves as president emeritus of the board of directors for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio. He is a board member for Champions of the Community Inc., a non-profit organization supporting Nationwide Children’s Hospital; the Ohio Business Roundtable; the Columbus Partnership; and Riverwatch Towers Condominium Association. He also serves on the advisory board of ISG, a privately held company located in Boston. He is chairman emeritus for the American Red Cross of Greater Columbus Chapter. Additionally, he and his wife, Debra, have served on the Parents’ Board for Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio, and Otterbein University in Westerville, Ohio.
His prior board experience includes serving as a member of the board of CAPA (Columbus Association for the Performing Arts), Kinsale Homeowner Association and HyperQuest, a for-profit company located in Chicago, Illinois.
Feeney received his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from La Salle University, Philadelphia, Pa. in 1974. Tom and Debra reside in Dublin, Ohio. They have three daughters, a son-in-law, and four grandchildren.