Matt Kramer is the Columbus Office Managing Partner for KPMG LLP, leading the firm’s partners and professionals in serving clients across a broad array of business complexities and industry issues.
Functionally, Matt is a Partner in KPMG’s Risk Consulting Advisory practice. He serves as the Retail Sector leader for KPMG’s Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services practice and specializes in providing internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing services, Sarbanes-Oxley assistance services, internal audit establishment and development, enterprise risk management, contract compliance, continuous auditing and monitoring, and internal audit quality assurance reviews.
Matt has served a number of industries including retail, manufacturing, financial services and healthcare. Key experiences include the following:
• Served global clients with internal audit services in more than 30 countries
• Provided internal audit and internal control services to more than 25 companies, most of which are FORTUNE 1000 public companies
• Assisted 10 companies with initial implementation and ongoing sustainability of Sarbanes Oxley, Section 404 compliance
• Provides organizations with practical approaches to maturing their enterprise risk management programs
• Recently served as an outsourced Chief Audit Executive for a FORTUNE 600 company, including responsibility for internal audit, SOX and ERM along with quarterly presentations to the Audit Committee
Matt is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants and the Institute of Internal Auditors. He is a Board and Executive Committee Member for Big Brothers Big Sisters and a volunteer performing school-based mentoring; an Advisory Board member for Miami University’s Center for Business Excellence; a mentoring coach for the Handshake Foundation; and a speaker at seminars for the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Matt holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Miami University and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).